Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 am 

Hi I'm looking for a tall person squirt boat. I weigh 180 but will consider higher volume as I can get it cut. Looking for a newer design than a Bigfoot, ideally a Wisper but would also be interested in the followong: Ninja, Slide, Sneaker or Angst.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 pm 

I have a buddy looking to sell a Whirld. I'm 6'1" and there is plenty of room. The boat is in Maine but I know he'd ship.

~Slightly Stoopid

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 pm 

Bradd, might be handy to mention what area of the country you are in. Even if someone doesn't have one to sell you may get with you to let you try their boat out. Doesn't hurt to try as many boats as you can. Unfortunately logistically speaking a lot of times there just isn't that option if there are not squirters in your area.

Eric
P.S. Good to see folks are brushing the snow off their keyboards and are coming around the message board and starting to think about squirting for the season.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 pm 

I'm located in Mississippi unfortunately I can't travel far so a boat that can be shipped would be ideal.
If I could be comfortable in a Whirld I would definitely be interestd, as I wear size 34" pants (but measuring my inseam at 32.5"?).
Some more info on the Whirld especially conditio

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:31 pm 

...condition and cut. Would someone with slightly longer legs than you fit? What price is he asking?
Thanks

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:22 pm 

Hi Eric thanks for the advice, it would be great to paddle some boats but logistically that's that's a bit tricky for me. I know its a risk buying undemmoed so I'm hoping to find something as close to my specs as possible. I could make altererations if needed but obviously it would be easier if I don't need to. A wile back I made a short semi squirt boat, it wasn't great(bit of a deathtrap) but I do have some fibreglass experience.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:06 pm 

Finding a used one of Jimmi's newer boats might be challenging. They have only been out a few seasons and these days it seems that everybody is doing a float test to get the cut seriously low for park and sink use only. The original buyer is more likely to hang on to the boat longer since the cut is so customized to their tastes and body size.
We would love to see your creation. This board is definitely a place where fiberglass tinkerers exchange ideas. If you have glassing experience then re-chopping a boat for your size wouldn't be out of the question. There are plenty of folks around that have done that as their very first project. Be aware though that re-chopping is one of the more unpleasant fiber-glassing projects that you could take on.
You are not as geographically isolated as it seems. 7hr to Tennessee maybee? Many in this area do the 6-7 hr drive to West Virginia to boat several times a year. Keep an eye out for the announcement for the date of the mystery move contest on the Hiawassee. There is no better opportunity in the Southeast to jump in a bunch of peoples boats than this event.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:20 am 

Thanks for the advice. Actually finding a boat is actually proving quite difficult. The few that are available mostly aren't keen on shipping, too impersonal I guess. I think a medium cut Angst would be great what I'm wanting to do, but I would be stoked to find any of the boats I mentioned (medium cut for 175lb or above).
The boat I made many yeats ago was very rough, I couldn't flat water cartwheel my 007 so I basically made a boat with the ends being as minimal as possible. The stern offerd no stability, but the real problem was the recessed cockpit made getting out super tricky, in retrospect the bow actually want too bad though.
Any recommendations on good books or online resources for making fibreglass kayaks from plugs, any search I do is swamped by wood strip kayaks. Thinking of having another go some time, but for now I'd love to find a boat.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:46 pm 

Boatbuilder's Guide by Charlie Walbridge... Everything you want to know about building glass boats.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:28 am 

Thanks, have orderd it.

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion