Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:10 am 

Anyone have beta on this Ocoee spot? I want to try it out but looked at it dewatered and there are rocks in there--stay further river left? Any video out there?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:15 am 

I'll give it a shot:

Ferry out from the river left bank, catching the "eddy" behind the upper rock. Paddle out slightly toward the center of the the river while hugging closely to the downstream edge of the upper rock. Use a right charc as you come toward the end of the upper rock, as close as possible behind it. Most people charc steeply and level off quickly.

The deeper you can get here will multiply later in your ride.

Once your boat is underwater, be immediately mindful of the lower rock. It is imperative to pass closely for downtime. The hard part here is timing.

I tend to hit a spin and a half before passing the second rock. The key is to be parallel as you pass because a tap with a bow or stern will end your ride.

You're in for a treat if you have managed to stay level and avoid contact with the lower rock. while passing the rock at the bottom you can feel a waterfall over your head pushing down. Then you enter the swimming pool.

A long ride here is 19 seconds. But when exerted energy in taken into consideration, it feels more like a 30 second spot.

DDB, in my opinion, is the most difficult spot on the ocoee. If you can master it, you can digitally drop at any seam, any where.

Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:05 pm 

I kept getting pushed downstream--lol--attaning back up was a pain--I may try it again when I have company

Post Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:06 am 

Great description TFat. I will need one of those arm bands with the play calls on it. I agree that its one of the tougher spots on the river. Takes Jedi skills and lots of practice. Ive never quite gotten it..

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion