Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post subject: Sin
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:46 pm 

Does anyone still paddle a sin or a drain?

Care to share general thoughts on it's river running ability?
Cut advice?

thanks

Post subject: Re: Sin
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:07 pm 

i've owned both, but only owned the drain briefly... i sold it but kept my sin. the sin is my favorite play boat. it's ok downstream, depending on the builder/layup. the originals, made by techline, are a lighter layup that you will destroy on most rivers- you want deep water and less rocks. nowadays, the sin is made by both paul and ed, and will be much more durable. the drain is only made by ed. currently, from what i can tell, is that both the sin and drains that ed makes have the second generation sin hull style. paul's sins have the original hull which has the recessed disc. i think they got rid of that disc to reduce wear on the chines. i felt both were pretty much equally loose, however, i felt that the sin was much easier to get in and out of than the drain, which may play an important role when deciding to run a river in it or not. i simply could barely even get in or out of the drain, more so than any squirt i've boated. ultimately i don't need the drain to sink well (i have sinker boats already) so why bother owning it. the sin, on the other hand, is more comfy and is loose as fuck, will rip the shit out of holes and waves, and makes eddy lines lots of fun. if you want a longer bad ass play boat (not for arial moves, duh), then the sin is the way to go.

Post subject: Re: Sin
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:47 am 

thanks for the great details.

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion