Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post subject: Max size for a Slip?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:29 pm 

What's the upper end for fitting into a Slip (mostly looking at inseam, foot size, and/or knee to toe)? I'm fairly sure that I'm beyond it, but I've managed to wedge into a boat cut for someone significantly shorter than me, which leads me to wonder whether it might be possible to personalize/float a Slip that would be acceptably comfortable.

Post subject: Re: Max size for a Slip?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:17 pm 

float cuts are key to a proper fit. that being said, if you fit in a boat that is "too small" for you- well it's not to small because you fit. the general rule for a sinker is...you should just be able to fit in it with minimal discomfort (that is subjective)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm 

Thanks, and for sure on the float cut to make things ideal. I'm hoping to hear from someone on the bigger side of the recommended range about some success (or failure) fitting. If the boat geometry and my body geometry don't mesh (e.g. my feet are way beyond the bumps and getting crushed), I don't think any amount of float cutting can fix that.

My suspicion is that someone with either my inseam (~32") or my foot size (a narrow 13 US) might be able to make it work, but that together it'll be a fatal combo in terms of tolerable boating. I'm saying that I've literally made my body fit into Slips--not that they fit well (particularly Christine's, which has the deck pushed a few inches forward, where I was able to get my body in on terra firma but my knees weren't even in the bumps). If I'm getting a boat with JimiRim dryness, I'd rather not have my sessions limited to single-digit minutes because of comfort.

I'm 90% sure a Ninja (perhaps of the soft variety) is in my future, but with all the wisdom around, I figured it would be a shame not to tap into it first.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm 

great- you're on your way. you'd be really stoked with the ninja...good call...soft or divoted

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion