Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 pm 

Trembley has spoken. And it will be so.

WORLDS 2018 TO COINCIDE WITH JIMICUP.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am 

Another Idea:

The Hunt For Red October: A deep Sea assault in search of 60 seconds.

Worlds at Gemini

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm 

UpDaTE:

WORLDS TO BE HELD AT THE Y

(NOT MCA)

WE MEET ON THE FIRST Satuday that the Little hits 4.5ft after during the prior week after the 3rd Tuesday in March.

I'm sourcing private jets/hellicopters to get everyone there.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:07 pm 

All for the Y idea and Coincision. Why are these breath holding contests getting so decisive? I'm about the bigger party man.

And just to warn everyone, when I win, I will be holding the next at Futaleufu so be mentally prepared.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 am 

So, what is the proposed date for this?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am 

If it coincides with JimiCup 20, it would be the last weekend in July, so the weekend of July 27-29, right? If not, someone correct me so I can block out the right dates on my work calendar....

If it's somewhere else--Gemini, anywhere else reliable in the PNW, Swallow Cliffs, the Y, the Alley round 2, the Halls, the Futa, that seam in Argentina where the ICF worlds were where Clay hit 10+ seconds but no one else roamed, Flowmaster, the confluence of the Mississippi & Missouri rivers, hell, etc.--the date would depend on who is hosting, when the arena will be in, and the will of the masses, right?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:35 am 

Yes and Yes. I would tentatively block the Jimicup Dates for now, knowing it may change if we decide to go to the PNW.

This is great dialogue. Can someone Ctrl+C/Ctrl+P this thread into the facebook page?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:18 pm 

Couple of thoughts:
Smoothie is always a good choice. However, if it is at Smoothie, that would be the fourth time in ten years (11 if we count the aborted Alley Worlds) that Worlds has been held there. Secondly, if we do end up having it on the Ottawa, it should be at Smoothie. One of the very few rules we set for Worlds back in the day is that it has be be at a known good spot that has been well sampled by locals and visitors alike. Probing for cool spots on the Ottawa the week before the event trying to find a great arena for a Worlds just ain't gonna fly, and honestly it is not safe. I'm not sure I'd travel anywhere for Worlds if the plan is to sort out a new spot(s) on the fly. It sorta reminds me of the frantic searching on that Saturday in WV last May when we knew the Alley wasn't gonna happen. Some folks put in some serious work on that, but were we really going to find a Worlds quality spot in a few hours one afternoon and then safely hold the competition there?

As for the potential of a Gemini PNW event, if it holds it's shape, there is no doubt every record would be broken there. The problem is that we won't know until it gets low enough, most likely June-July, long after travel plans would have to be arranged. We always have the Weasel as a backup, but again, that would mean three Weasel Worlds out of ten events.

Finally, for anyone who wasn't at the Ottawa during awards after the second Worlds in 2009, everyone there hashed out the basic rules for Worlds. They are: 1. It must be at a known good spot that has been sampled and approved by non-locals. 2. The winner picks the arena for the next year, with the only restriction that it can't be at the same place where he/she just won. I'm pretty certain that's it; someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just my two cents, and I'll probably be there wherever it happens! Taft and I are the last two who have been to all of 'em! I know Taft wants to win that race too, but it's gonna be a tough battle, friend!

Cheers,

Joel D.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:06 pm 

yes to what joel is saying.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm 

Heard there's some chatter on the Facebook Page. Bring that discussion over here, if you don't mind.

I'm going to start the real-deal smack talking now. Aint no way, now how, nobody's gonna beat me this year. Ready to push a minute and welcome you all to the join the cause.

Joel, looking forward to our 11th(?) worlds together.

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion