[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Squirt Boating Message Board • View topic - Skirt
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post subject: Skirt
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:41 am 

At the moment I have been borrowing a friends fleet of squirt boots. Need to buy a skirt though. I do plan on getting a boat made at some point and them buy the exact size skirt to fit it. Till then I wonder if I should try to find an old used skirt or buy one that generally fits squirt boats . Thanks for any help

Post subject: Re: Skirt
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm 

Not sure what you are asking there. Are you askin' if anyone has a used skirt available to sell?
You haven't said what models of boats you have available to borrow from your friend.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 am 

I'm sorry I guess I didn't ask a clear question. I have mostly been peddling one of his angst. However I just started peddling one of his new waves that I really like. That is all I know about them honestly. I guess my question is that I have one skirt that kind of fits all my plastic boats somewhat . Is there a general size that I should get or Is it more specific. If there was a use Skirt available I would be interested in it until I get a boat made and get a skirt to fit it. However I would be happy with buying a new skirt as long as it would fit my next boat. Please excuse my ignorance. I am new to the sport but very much in love with squirt boating.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm 

There are quite a few squirt boats that you can share the skirt on including the Bigfoot, Shred, Prize, Angst, VooDoo Rocket, ProJet and quite a few others I can't think of at the moment.
There may be an inch or so of variance between these but not enough to worry about.

The Bigfoot and Shred were the most prolific designs for like a decade and when I went to design the Angst I wanted the rim to match the Bigfoot because this skirt shape was the closest thing to a standard size that most squirt boaters would own already.

You don't need to sweat the skirt just yet though. Frequently used boat sellers have a skirt that they can sell with a boat and finding a used boat that matches your weight will be the bigger challenge.
If your buddy has a quiver perhaps he will sell one of his boats.
If you are getting to the point where you want to custom order a new boat you will have a pretty good grasp on what boat model you are after and the spray-skirt company Skirtworks makes one for every squirt boat rim.

If you PM me I will send you the messageboard archive and you can skim it for used gear.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:44 pm 

I have a medium kokatat gortex long sleeve fat lip dry deck that fits angst/shred/Bigfoot rim etc 100 obo shipped in us. Can email pics if needed

Post Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm 

Sent you a PM, Jrod....

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion