Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:29 pm 

There should be enough water for swallow cliffs the weekend of 17th so just let us know what everyone wants.
Noah

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm 

Well then Shallow it is, Taft choose the date and be done with it. March starts this weekend bro

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:37 pm 

Can you post good beta on Swallow Cliff? I might be in that area in March and would love to check it out. Looked in sinkspots.com but found nothing. Thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:10 pm 

According to facebook and Jeremy P (speaking for Taft) they want to have the worlds in Oregon in August or Sept. So I guess that settles it for Swallow Cliffs. We will still be having a gathering for anyone who wants to give the spot a go and drink Ninkasi Sponsored beer. I will talk to Will and probably move it back to the weekend of the 4th before the river fest. I'm running the river fest events so if there enough squirtboater in town that next weekend I may put together a mystery demo at the spots in the Reno Park (mysteries in front of 15,000 people?).
Anyway
Oregon will be amazing as always (I've headed that way every summer to squirt the last 5 years) and I hope everyone can make it.
Noah

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:30 am 

I'll ask again, can you post beta for Swallow Cliffs?

Post subject: beta
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:26 pm 

take Hershdale exit off I80, turn right, go left at split, continue on till road gets bad and go through old gates, turn right on dirt road cross train tracks, spot is next to cliffs visible from there. You can drive down to the spot if you have clearance or just park and walk 100 yds. You need at least 450cfs on the USGS gage at Truckee river below Boca reservoir. Anything from 500-1300cfs is great, higher or lower not so much. Ferry across current into seam directly or use the little set up eddy at the top and slowly spin down into the drop zone. It is always fairly cold water so a hood is a good idea, any and every charc works here, paddle or hands.
Give me a ring when you are coming through and if it is in I'll try and meet you up there. FYI if it is too low there, there is still some fun sinking in the Reno Whitewater park down to 320cfs (5-10sec rides).
Noah
706 - six one four - 2 four 7 zero

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:23 pm 

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I did find a Sparrow Cliffs on Sinkspots.com http://sinkspots.com/index.php?spot_id=306

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion