Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:24 am 

http://murkywaterkayak.com/kayaks/squirt/drain/drain/

Thoughts? I'm on the hunt for a boat to replace the one I sold and this has popped up. Anyone have experience with it? I'd prefer a boat designed by Jim but haven't found any out there needing a home.... Here's the ad for the boat, they will take $700... http://www.kayakshed.com/used-kayaks/Drain-squirt-boat I'm new to squirt boating, although I've dabbled with it for a few years. Looking to step it up this year and would like a downriver boat that I can at least sink a bit. The weight the boat is set up for is on the money... Thanks for any advice you can share.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:09 am 

Obiwan: I haven't paddled the Drain, but have spent plenty of time in a Sin. My take, for what it's worth, pass on the Drain and wait for something that will offer up a little more downtime. Not that I think the Drain is a bad boat, I bet it's fun as all get out, but it's not going to help you get your gills wet. Be patient, the right boat makes all the difference. Happy hunting!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 pm 

Thanks for the info, I passed and immediately found a brand new, never paddled PS Shred that should fit me well. Stoked!

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion