Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:01 pm 

My dry deck has no gaskets or seams left, and I need to upgrade. No fun dumping the boat out every 5 minutes.

Skirt needs to fit an Angst (fatlip style skirt, I believe. Same as Hellbender/underdawg/etc) and the top should be a large-ish.

Anyone have anything?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:24 am 

Hey the rand on a fat lip that is meant to fit shred, bigfoot, asylum, hellbenders, dawgs, etc...by PS Composites, is slightly smaller than a skirt to fit an angst. an angst skirt may fit those other boats but it may be too tight to pull onto the rim, and vice versa- a shred's fat lip might be a little bit loose on an angst. ultimately, for the best fit, get an angst fat lip and have skirt works fuse it to a top.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:21 pm 

Hmmm, wasn't aware that the Angst should have a bigger deck. My drydeck from my Hellbender is a little tight on my Angst, but not too much of a fight.

I guess in that case I am looking for whatever works with an Angst. Even just a skirt would be a step up from my busted shorty dry deck.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:27 pm 

there isn't that much of a size difference but it seems to be the case in a bunch of situations. i don't know if that is because skirts are handmade or not, but i used to use an angst fat lip on one ps boat i've owned, and it was way too tight on the other new wave/ps boats. l lent the skirt to a couple of friends and they couldn't get it on their new waves without the help of max power.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 pm 

obviously i got a little temporarily dyslexic in my original reply- the angst cockpit is slightly smaller than the ps composites fat lip rims. but maybe the tensions vary slightly between each individual skirt by the slightest amounts since they are all handmade.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:06 pm 

Found a drydeck. Now to wait for warmer water....

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion