Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:45 pm 

Please join us as we convene upon the seam at Cowbell, on the Nolichucky River, in Erwin TN. This will be a gathering of friends who come together to celebrate the return of an old friend and to say goodbye to another.

The floods of 2004 decimated Cowbell, but time heals and the river has returned our old friend to form. We gather to celebrate the rebirth of Cowbell.

We also gather to celebrate our dear friend Taylor Martin as he embarks upon his future genesis. You see - Taylor will be married soon. I know what you’re thinking… And no, the state of TN has not legalized same-sex marriages. Taylor has actually found a beautiful woman who willingly wants to spend the rest of her life with him. Shannon is a true treasure. So we will gather to celebrate Taylor as he makes his transition from being a single, lazy, mildly disgusting, mediocre kayaker to being a married, lazy, mildly disgusting, mediocre kayaker. We gather to celebrate our love for Taylor the best way we know how… By dropping massive f***ing downtime!

Camping at Nolichucky Campground is $10 per night per person. Platforms are $12 per night per person, which might be a good idea depending on the weather. Please arrive with cash in hand, as LD (the campground manager), is not a man to be trifled with. A group dinner for Friday and/or Saturday is in the works. Please RSVP with Taft, everyone’s favorite World Mystery Champion. Taft is very thorough and is taking his Best Man responsibilities very seriously. The Champ asks that you RSVP with a text, email, AND phone call between the hours of 1am and 5am EST.

Attachments:
P9150189.JPG
P9150189.JPG [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 9362 times ]

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:15 am 

haven't been there in over a decade. is cowbell in the river left channel below the railroad trestle or above the trestle?

Post subject: Location
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:07 pm 

Cowbell is upstream of the railroad bridge. If you pull into the Nolichucky Campground: (1) if you park by the river and look downstream you can see the upstream side of the island, (2) LD can most certainly point out where you want to be. $3 to park for the day. It is possible to park on river left and hike to the water. For me, the $3 to park offers peace of mind - there are no shenanigans at LD's place. But some of the locals park on river left. If your on that river left road follow it until it starts to climb. When the road makes a big right hand turn with a small cemetery on your right - then stop, turn around and park across the street in the gravel. From here you can make your way to the river. Your vehicle will be parked just upstream of Cowbell - you'll find it. I apologize for the lack of landmarks on the river left road, but that should get you there. Or there is always the campground...

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 am 

If I knew about this sooner I'd have been there.

Be sure to post pics or vid. I'm keen to see Cowbell 2.0

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion