Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:49 pm 

Hey fellow hypoxic hilarions,
I'm a new papa with baby here in Southern Oregon, with year round water. I'm also a passionate hand-savy playboater, surfer, and swimmer. I'm hoping to find a squirt boat somewhere along the west coast or even midwest that will suit me and not detract much finances from my new baby.

I've paddled a bigfoot before with great success and DT, and once a longer unnamed boat and fell in love with the underwater dance. Im interested in being able to get down the river (even if tenuously), absolutely surfing, and downtime potential.

Im 145-150lbs 5'10"..... Iv'e mulled over the idea of making my own boat, whether a surf kayak, sea kayak, or squirt boat for years now, as I have a bit of experience with making skin-on-frame cedar ocean kayaks, and years of epoxy laying up on exotic didgeridoo instruments and furniture...... I've once saw a youtube of someone who took some wonky creek boat and cut the meat out of the sandwhich and welded it back together in hopes it would squirt. Does anyone have experience with any botchy ideas like that? Maybe theres some old weird playboat that could be squashed to work? or maybe you live just down the road and have the perfect boat already for me ;)

I'm happy for your input. Stay close with the water and always in reverence for water that is not only the blood of the Earth, but the blood in our veins.

Thank you, Machu

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:01 pm 

hey machu
come on up north a bit to pdx and you can do some boating with us, try on a few lender boats, and take it from there. collectively, we have a bunch of squirts and you'll dial in what you need after a weekend of squirting here

Board index » Squirt Boating Discussion